Im Sale findest du besonders günstige Artikel oder aktuelle Aktionen.
Du möchtest dich von Büchern, CDs, Filmen oder Spielen trennen? Verkaufe alles auf momox.de
An introduction to RF propagation that spans all wireless applications
This book provides readers with a solid understanding of the concepts involved in the propagation of electromagnetic waves and of the commonly used modeling techniques. While many books cover RF propagation, most are geared to cellular telephone systems and, therefore, are limited in scope. This title is comprehensive-it treats the growing number of wireless applications that range well beyond the mobile telecommunications industry, including radar and satellite communications.
The author's straightforward, clear style makes it easy for readers to gain the necessary background in electromagnetics, communication theory, and probability, so they can advance to propagation models for near-earth, indoor, and earth-space propagation. Critical topics that readers would otherwise have to search a number of resources to find are included:
* RF safety chapter provides a concise presentation of FCC recommendations, including application examples, and prepares readers to work with real-world propagating systems
* Antenna chapter provides an introduction to a wide variety of antennas and techniques for antenna analysis, including a detailed treatment of antenna polarization and axial ratio; the chapter contains a set of curves that permit readers to estimate polarization loss due to axial ratio mismatch between transmitting and receiving antennas without performing detailed calculations
* Atmospheric effects chapter provides curves of typical atmospheric loss, so that expected loss can be determined easily
* Rain attenuation chapter features a summary of how to apply the ITU and Crane rain models
* Satellite communication chapter provides the details of earth-space propagation analysis including rain attenuation, atmospheric absorption, path length determination and noise temperature determination
Examples of widely used models provide all the details and information needed to allow readers to apply the models with confidence. References, provided throughout the book, enable readers to explore particular topics in greater depth. Additionally, an accompanying Wiley ftp site provides supporting MathCad files for select figures in the book.
With its emphasis on fundamentals, detailed examples, and comprehensive coverage of models and applications, this is an excellent text for upper-level undergraduate or graduate students, or for the practicing engineer who needs to develop an understanding of propagation phenomena.