Previous translations of The Art of War have presented Sun Tzu's classic from the point of view of military strategy, Chinese history, or Taoist philosophy. This translation-accompanied by the translators' in-depth essays and illuminating line-by-line commentary-offers a fresh perspective on this ancient Chinese text. Here, Sun Tzu's strategic principles of warfare (based as they were on the fundamental insights of the Chinese spiritual and philosophical tradition) are seen as universally relevant-the foundation for personal transformation and the creation of an enlightened society.
In this translation of The Art of War , Sun Tzu's teachings are revealed in an entirely new light.
• War is any situation that demands hard choices about creation and destruction, life or death.
• The state is the system in which we live-our household, our culture or society, or our own mind.
• Defense ensures the integrity of our boundaries and allows life to flourish within them.
• Force is the energy of concentrated action.
• Victory lies in bringing others around to embracing a larger view-one that includes their own-without ever going to battle.
|EAN / ISBN-13||9781570629044|
|Bei Amazon kaufen|
Die gelieferte Auflage kann ggf. abweichen.
Es liegen keine Kommentare zu diesem Artikel vor.