Im Sale-Bereich finden Sie besonders rabattierte Artikel oder Aktionen zu besonderen Anlässen.
Sie haben gebrauchte Bücher, CDs, Filme und Spiele übrig? Verkaufen Sie uns Ihre Schätze auf momox.de
For London lovers of all stripes, National Geographic London Book of Lists chronicles this ever-changing city from its ancient Roman origins to the present day. Organized with a minimum of organization, the 140 lists in this eclectic and hugely entertaining illustrated compendium cover the city's best, worst, highest, smallest, first, last, and everything in-between. Among the many intriguing facts, stats, and snippets, you'll discover:
· Where you can find six old windmills within the confines of metropolitan London
· Why the women's restroom at an East End pub is especially popular with avant-garde artists
· When a tornado razed nearly 600 houses and destroyed London Bridge
· The address of the only London flat where the four members of the Beatles lived together
· Why local children beat the stone boundaries outside the Tower of London with willow branches every three years
· Where you can find London's eight best waterfront pubs, seven greatest Victorian gin palaces, and ten most historic pubs
· Which two famous London museums still show World War II bomb damage on their outer walls
Royal palaces. Street markets. Stellar views. Cockney slang. Favorite meals of kings. Roman ruins. Secrets lost to time. With surprises on every page, National Geographic London Book of Lists takes you deep inside the city that never fails to fascinate.